Thursday, March 25, 2010

ad nasty.

   So, this girl I know wants to create her own blog about fashion ads, since shes a photography major and analyzes them a lot. I suggested she call her blog AdNasty. She didn't like the name... FAIL. If one of you guys want it, you can totally have it, I didn't trademark it. Anyway, heres some more new ads that have debuted in the latest pages to catch my eye.

Stella McCartney S/S 2010
Not sure how I feel about this. We all know their ads use some sort of photoshopping, and you can tell that they chose a decent art director because the combination of the dress with the collage in the background makes for a good composition. But to those who aren't design-educated it can seem slightly random.

Michael by Michael Kors S/S 2010
If i see Carmen Kass doing one more thing Michael Kors related I'm gonna shoot myself.



Marc Jacobs S/S 2010
Maybe I'm just biased because I love Jamie Bochert but I LOVE this ad campaign. Its so whimsical. May not understand the whole "ballerina" reference in this ( I thought they would go for all this craziness maybe on a stage, or backstage or something) but it definitely  focuses on the clothes which is a plus.



Diesel S/S 2010
Like I said previously, just in love with Diesel. And all the spreads for the campaign each are in different colored text with different situations, which I like.


Oscar De La Renta S/S 2010
Very nice ad. Its such a modern way to display the clothes, and there had to be some sort of artistic direction in terms of what clothes would go with the colored background best.

As for other ads, I HATE the Chanel S/S 2010 ad. Like SERIOUSLY, COULD IT BE ANYMORE BORING? I would have Karlie Kloss posing in the mud of a ranch field. Like seriously, "FARM CHIC" AND YOU GIVE ME CLAUDIA SCHIFFER STANDING IN THE LOBBY OF A HOUSE?  Don't worry guys, I'll deliver, just give me a few more internships and a job.


[all images via TheFashionSpot]

2 comments:

About Taiyon's Image said...

I think AdNasty would be a perfect name.

Efren Avila said...

Fabulous blog, just wonderful. I am now following, may have many successes in the near future.

Keep in touch!

madisonthing@hotmail.com

♥ MADISON thing

www.madisonthing.blogspot.com

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise