Thursday, August 8, 2013

STELLA MCCARTNEY'S FALABELLA X I CANT BELIEVE IT'S NOT LEATHER






      So working in Soho, one of the trendiest areas in the city, I've seen movies being filmed, reality shows being shot, celebrities shopping, royal families from other countries hanging around, people DJ'ing on the sidewalk, playing piano's on the street, but I don't think I've seen any of that as much as this bag. I had absolutely NO idea what it was until I asked a client of mine who had hers in a neon yellow snakeskin print, and she finally told me it was Stella McCartney. What was even more shocking to me about it is that it's faux leather. FAUX LEATHER WITH A ALMOST $1200 PRICE TAG? 

      I absolutely commend her for being able to market a bag like this so well, and what's even cooler is the interior is made from recycled plastic bottles, which leads me to believe that there is some sort of functionality from that. On, the bag has a really cool relaxed feel, and the chain has a discreet shimmer to it which makes it even more luxurious. It contains a magnetic close, which makes it perfect for easy access, and the fabric is pliable which makes lots of room for stuffing those matching eco-friendly things ( like a cute matching wallet) or for those not so animal friendly products that we probably all have (contradiction much?). It makes me feel great (cheesy but get over it) that animals weren't harmed during the production of this bag and really shows the great lengths Stella has gone to make eco-friendly, animal appreciating product. There are other eco-friendly brands such as Alternative Apparel , J Brand Organic, Organic by John Patrick and Warganic (kidding... Warren + Organic.... you're supposed to laugh now) but if your looking for something at a luxury level Stella stocks it. Below are my three picks, and you can see more styles at www.stellamccartney.com .








(IMAGES FROM STELLA MCCARTNEY, FARFETCH, SSENSE, AND NEIMAN MARCUS)


No comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise