Monday, March 15, 2010

oliver theyskens for nina ricci.

   What a house. I find it intriguing how Oliver's fascination with "princesses" when he was a child gets re-interpreted into his work and received by critic's as just that. Its 4AM Monday morning, and I should be doing homework ( and my mom is totally gonna leave a voicemail on my phone after reading this and ask me why wasn't I doing my homework) but instead I was watching these videos.




This is the 1st video I watched. The rounded shoulders and shapes, along with the hair and the youthful cut of the gowns do give off a princess feel. And the music just adds to the idea.





This is the 2nd video I watched. This was received by many as the princess turned into the queen. And its true. The soft shapes are gone, the woman is taller and darker, the cuts are sharper, and the colors enter richer, more stronger tones.







This is the last video I watched. The princess theme is maintained, but it is accessorized by the hair and light color pallet , as well as the youthful sex appeal.


WHY DID THEY FIRE HIM! WTF LOL

1 comment:

About Taiyon's Image said...

Love it all. I totally understand why you couldn't sleep nor do your homework.
I can stay up all night long for fashion.

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise