Thursday, March 4, 2010

texture. gareth pugh f/w 2010

    It's 2:08 AM exactly when I wrote this up, and some shots from the latest Gareth Pugh collection have surfaced. He is one of my favorite designers, and from the looks of some of the photographs, deep variations in texture is what driven his collection.
The variation isn't really in one piece, but the progression from a structured dress given movement by the multitude of strings  sewn on, to a hyper sharp cut leather jacket.


I feel like his use of texture and mixture of materials keeps critics away from calling this collection"boring and all black", or "B/W boring", or "grey/metallic boring" since he has limited his color pallet in his collections since his move to Paris.


I already like how the menswear pieces so far seem to show the man dressed in softer fabrics, while the woman is engulfed in hard, structured fabrics. Overall, I like what I see, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the collection.

[images via THEFASHIONSPOT]

No comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise