Wednesday, July 31, 2013

PERFECT PICK: LADY GAGA APPLAUSE SINGLE COVER


There it is. The single cover for Lady Gaga's new single "Applause" from her album ARTPOP. I personally think its a very well art directed album cover. The typograhy on the bottom reminds me of the same typeface used on Prince's "Purple Rain artwork, and the styling of the photograph is similar to Dior Haute Couture circa 2003.



HMMMMMMM MAYBE A LITTLE INSPIRATION? Anyway it's a great cover, and there were photographs of her creating the single artwork, with the colors being hand painted probably on the photograph from I & V. I think its a great mixed media photograph and I can only hope the song is just as awesome. With the black cap and kabuki-esque makeup it gives me a Japonisme feel, so my perfect pick off my favorite site SSENSE for the perfect "Applause " selfie is...



(images via SSENSE and Style.com)



No comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise