Friday, January 15, 2010

internship update / waldo wang.

  So so far, the internship is going good. It's starting to pick up pace as the magazine is working on more issues, and we are working with more high end samples. I have 6 more days left, and some of the more experienced interns have left, leaving me as the last one standing. So I can definitely say that the pressure is on for me to rise to the occasion. And I'm only 18! Arghhhh! Yesterday I bumped into a friend of the family on my way to the internship, and she told me how her photographer friend is interning with Vogue Italia. HOW they intern with them ( assuming they have a New York office) is beyond me. I guess if I want, I could intern at international magazines as my next move after this one. I'm really excited to close this internship and start a new one, and my gift to my 2 supervisors is very, VERY nice. =)

   Anyway, after watching Project Runway last night ( I'll talk about that later.)  I watched the Alexander Wang S/S 2010 Show. I see like three different themes, whether intentional or not, it definitely shows range for the urban/model streetstyle designer. First two things I noticed in the early parts of the show were these pieces.


The pieces on the left emulate a very Aviator quality to them, with the color choice of fabric, and the hat on the top look. The pieces on the right ( and call me silly if you don't agree) look like a sexy Waldo; as in Wheres Waldo.  It's all there, the shoes, denim pants, striped shirt. Of course it's a good thing, he made Wheres Waldo fashionable, and not Alexander Wang for Wheres Waldo.






Then the latter pieces came in, that fit his "American sportswear" inspiration, and he created very sexy black dresses for the end. Overall, it was a very good collection, and I'm looking forward to his F/W 2010 show.


[images via Style.com]

3 comments:

Valentine Devlieghere said...

I love your blog!
Best of luck! ;)

x Valentine

▲ FARRAH ▲ said...

lol the waldo comparison is hilarious! Didn't even cross my mind until now :D

Farrah
WWW.DISTRIKMODE.COM

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise