Sunday, January 3, 2010

saks fashion / style

so yesterday I decided to stop by Saks Fifth Avenue, on fifth avenue in Manhattan. as i took a walk around the 9 floor shopping area, there were a lot of very nice pieces.

Very nice Valentino shoes. i'm assuming its from F/W 09/10, correct me if i'm wrong. it was a very nice lace overlay, which i don't see in shoes very often.

This Diane Von Furstenburg dress was VERY vibrant. all of the pieces in their section had very vibrant, rich colors.



This Chanel clutch had a very nice, simple design.



Marc Jacob's dress. very unique.



 a array of Chanel flats.  very popular/trendy item.



Dolce & Gabanna dresses. the fabric was VERY luxurious, and was definitely worth the price tag.



very new YSL t-shirt.



Marc by Marc Jacobs dress. the print was very detailed, and actually not tacky, which is hard to achieve when working with prints.



Chanel suit. from the looks of it i'm assuming its Paris - Shanghi? ( once again correct me if i'm wrong)
here are some photos from the window displays outside.




and of course, I found two very fashionable employees (and one very fashionable and luxurious client) so I decided to take a picture of their amazing style. they were in the YSL section.



she had on a very nice simple black suit on, very professional , yet fashionable ( men's business wear has a problem finding this middle ground)



the client ( in the middle ) had on a amazing fur coat, paired with Chanel flats with metal toes and a luxurious Louis Vuitton bag. the other employee on the right had on a beautifully colored shirt with a pretty necklace and luxurious pants.
Where do you guys want me to do a fashion story next? Bergedorf's? Barney's? Let me know where and for my next trip to the city I might be picking your department store of choice! = )
p.s. Maya ( the employee on the right of the 2nd picture) I WILL be back on monday so you better be ready! haha


bye.


5 comments:

Bailey Faye said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm seeing visions of a kid in a candy store....hehe :]

It's really neat that you are majoring in Communication Design. That is what I hope to major in when I get to college. Good luck with your studies!

Daria said...

I really like that YSL shirt.
& the client- lol.

Style Spot said...

Ahh I love that red leopard printed Dolce & Gabbana dress! Happy New Year xox

JULIA said...

love the first shoe. so sad im broooooke. :(

Julia said...

This reminds me to check out Saks windows soon because I'm hoping 2010 will be the year they finally get their shit together.

[and hopefully their sale will be even better! haha]

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise