Friday, January 8, 2010

fashionable fascination / Versace S/S 2010

I don't know why my new daily ritual is watching the Versace S/S 2010 show on YouTube about 3 times a day. It has grabbed its suction cups and attached itself to me. I don't know if i like it or not, but everything about the show is SO intriguing to me. The cut ( those miniskirts!) is probably the lowest I've ever seen in my time of viewing and researching about fashion. The techno prints also really catch my eye, they are very graphic and mosaic in a futuristic way. Recently at the internship, a model came in to try on one of the Versace pieces, and yesterday, I had to go on a run to pick up a dress from a different designer, however the style was very similar to this season.








I REALLY love the pink triangle dress Natasha Poly wears, and the see through miniskirts are another favorite of mine. I love how they used the idea of a  corset, and used it as detailing throught on some of the dresses and finale gowns. I can see many women wearing it, from secretaries to steel mill workers. I was also thinking as a nice contrast that maybe a magazine do a editorial featuring the dresses in a steel mill? Especially the metal triangle dresses; I think they would create a nice contrast.

click here to view Versace fashion.

p.s. check out my friend Darias blog, Fashionably Bitten! Later today or tomorrow, her blog will be featured in an upcoming post!
[images via Versace]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love allll of them. But actually the last one, not so much. It's just too much going on, and I don't think I like that pink with the metallic corset.

nycrun said...

love love this
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

MariloƩ said...

I LOVE ABBEY STARTING THE SHOW!!!! BUT THE WHOLE COLLECTION IS AMAZING!!!!

Unknown said...

All are incredible, but I adore the last one.
http://modadecolores.blogspot.com/

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise