Friday, September 17, 2010

I MET PATRICK D!

TODAY WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE 2ND COOLEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE (THE 1ST BEING THAT I GOT THE VOGUE INTERNSHIP) I MET THE WORLD RENOWNED SUPERSTAR BEYOND AMAZING FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER PATRICK DEMARCHELIER!
I was walking out of Oscar De La Renta's  S/S 2011 show, and I noticed Patrick on the street corner walking home from the show. He dresses really casual, and when I noticed it was him, I absolutely died inside. It was weird because a LOT of people didn't realize it was him which had me surprised. My goal was to grow the cajones to run over and say hi. So I did. When he got to the corner of E 63rd and Park, I ran over and said "Hey Patrick, my names Warren, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR WOKR!" he said thank you and we started walking. I asked him if he enjoyed the show and he said yes, and noted a lot of color. Then he asked me something I would have never dreamed of. HE ASKED ME WHAT I DID! I WAS IN SHOCK THAT SOMEONE OF HIS PROWESS ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW! I told him I'm a writer and I'm starting to explore styling. Then we walked and chatted TWO WHOLE BLOCKS almost to fifth avenue. I tried to write my name and number in case he needed any help or assistance but my hands were trembling so much in shock that i just scribbled crap. It was just so amazing to have a 1 on 1 casual encounter with such a standout name in the industry. It was just me and him walking down the street, nobody else, and he was so kind and friendly. He also stopped at a restaurant, I guess scoping it out as a possible location to shoot. I just cant believe it. I will never forget my walk with Patrick Demarchelier. Hopefully he'll remember me in the future!

No comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise