Tuesday, November 5, 2013

PERFECT PICK: THREE LOUISVUITTONAGA LOOKS with NET-A-PORTER


                            So I'm so happy that Nicolas Ghesquiere was announced yesterday via Louis Vuitton's Twitter as the new Artistic Director of the Women's collections. It was LITERALLY the first thing that popped up on my iPhone's notifications and of course I hollered so loud I might have woken up my neighbors. I am a HUGE stan (super-fan) of his work at Balenciaga, and I know that Louis Vuitton is about to get a major overhaul. Since Nicolas doesn't have a collection of his own, its pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to imagine what his aesthetic is, and therefore guess what a Ghesquis Vuitton, or Nicouis Vuitton, or Louis Ghesquitton collection would look like. Even harder to guess, will probably be the handbags, SLG's and accessories that are the money maker for the luxury brand. Instead of butchering his name, maybe merging Louis Vuitton's womenswear history with his Balenciaga resume will give us a little preview....


1.



+



=




2.


BALEICIAGA SPRING 2008 FLORALS

+


LOUIS VUITTON SPRING 2008 CLEAR

=



3.



LOUIS VUITTON SPRING 2009 COLOR PALLET

+


BALENCIAGA SPRING 2009 GEOMETRIC DETAILS

=




(ALL IMAGES VIA STYLE.COM AND NET-A-PORTER)





No comments:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise